The Wool Wax is very simple to use for lanolising wool nappy covers. Clothes made from wool, such as cardigans, pants, hats or gloves, can also be lanolised to make them water repellent again.
In a glass jar.
Instructions for lanolising wool covers:
1. For a freshly washed wool cover, add 1/4 teaspoon (or 1/2 level teaspoon for Longies) of pure wool wax with a few drops of dishwashing liquid or baby shampoo to a cup of hot water. Stir the mixture until you have a white liquid and any lumps of wax have dissolved.
2. Pour this liquid solution into appoximately two litres of lukewarm water and stir to mix.
3. Turn the washed wool covers inside out and slide them into the solution. Do not rub or knead the wool cover. Leave the cover to absorb the wool wax and for the water to cool down.
4. Remove the cooled wool cover and spin in the washing machine at a maximum of 500. Alternatively you can press the cover between two towels to remove any excess liquid.
5. Lay out flat and leave to dry. Finished!
200g wool wax (adeps lanae anhydricus). Free from water or pesticides.
From Belgium, filled in Austria.